Angelina Deantonis, founder and owner of Ocelot Clothing and Interiors, will share with us information on using dye plants and the "Itagime" Japanese dye technique.
Her studio/showroom is located at 6027 Shattuck Ave. in Berkeley. They do not have regular hours but one can call 415-821-7288 to inquire about a visit. Right now they are gearing up for their participation in the Berkeley Artisans Holiday Open House, and will have several dates and times they will be open. Check www.berkeleyartisans.com for all the open studio dates. Ocelot's website is: ocelot clothing.com
DATES FOR YOUR CALENDAR
- Oct. 28, Hug A Sheep at Meridian Jacobs, https://www.meridianjacobs.co
- Oct. 28, Redwood Guild Sale. check last month's blog for info
- Nov. 17, 18, 19, Above the Fray: Traditional Hill Tribe Art. Textiles of hand woven and hand dyed cotton and silk. Shepard Garden and Art Center, 3330 McKinley Blvd. Sacramento. Check last month's blog for more info
- Nov. 29. Treadles meeting "Stephany Wilkes, Sheep Shearing Stories"
- Various Fibershed events and classes this fall http://www.fibershed.com/events/list/
- Dec. 9 Treadles' Annual Holiday Luncheon. 11 am. Vilija's house. Hand made lamb ornament exchange
|Robin "dancing" with her yearling |
Jacob ram, Buster
|He finally calmed down!|
Those boys can be a handful
|Robin being helped by T2T member Doris with the ladies|
|Robin, Farm Club member Vicki, and Doris with some of the Meridian Jacobs ribbons|
|T2T member Lisa taking the train around the grounds|